Friday, September 23, 2011

Africa Black & White

1. I liked the powepoint it had some nice pictures of the animals.
My favorite photo was the one with the two zebras it makes them the subject its so simple but the zebras lines pop out it makes them look beautiful.
3. Nick Brandt uses a pentax 6711.
His reason for taking these photos is to memorialize the vanishing natural grandeur of East Africa.
Brandt's hope is for people to undestand that animals, humans, non humans are equal. And They used to exist in the wild but because of us not many do now. He shows them in the state of being where they no longer are." To me, every creature,  humar or nonhuman, has an equal right to live, and this feeling, this belief that every animal and i are equal, affects me every time i frame an animal in my picture."

No comments:

Post a Comment